Aschinger recognized by the Associated General Contractors of America
Aschinger Electric was recently featured in the Associated General Contractors of America’s Newsletter:
Otto Aschinger founded O.F. Aschinger, Electrical Contractor in 1912, starting the business by selling appliances and installing the electrical service needed to power them.
In 1939, Otto left for the shipyards of California, and his son, O. Francis Aschinger, founded Aschinger Electric Company in 1940. He grew his business and operated it until his death in 1978.
In 1978, his sons Eric, Jack and Keith Aschinger, along with their mother Zdena, took over the operation and ownership of the business. Eric, a P.E. in electrical engineering, succeeded his parents as President of Aschinger. Through the 1970’s until today, Aschinger grew as a commercial, industrial and institutional electrical contractor concentrating on design/build construction and electrical service.
As time went on, Aschinger grew far beyond the traditional contractor role by focusing on the engineering, planning, and technology needed to deliver the most effective, efficient solutions to meet and anticipate their clients’ needs.
Aschinger Electric is now in its fourth generation of family ownership and leadership. Emily Martin serves as President of Aschinger Electric, and has expanded the company to provide alternative energy solutions as well as NFPA-70E services.
In 2015, Martin purchased the controlling interest in the company, and now Aschinger is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) by both the State of Missouri and WBENC.
“Our goal is to create lifetime partnerships with our clients, by being a proactive contractor and service provider. We will continue to be a market leader, helping our clients operate their businesses efficiently and safely,” said Martin. “We strive every day to live our values: strong client relationships; innovation; integrity; safety; and working in a family environment.”
Aschinger accomplishes its mission through proactively providing personalized electrical systems and energy solutions.
Today, Aschinger’s licensed professional engineers, client-dedicated project management, and more than 100 electricians and communication technicians deliver on the promise of their mission with a wide-ranging variety of services:
Comprehensive design/build electrical construction.
Repeat construction clients include:
- St. Louis Lambert International Airport
- Washington University
- JW Aluminum
- US Silica
- Cushman & Wakefield
- Energy efficient lighting system design, install, retrofit and service programs.
- Installation, maintenance and service of all building systems, from power to communication, data, security and alarm.
- Energy sustainability services including solar arrays and electrical vehicle charging.Aschinger is proud to have installed more than 7 megawatts of solar in Missouri, Kansas and Illinois since 2010. These arrays include rooftops, covered parking and ground mount installations.In order to create lifetime client relationships, Aschinger understands the important role that facility maintenance plays in the life of every business. Services designed to improve electrical system reliability and keep maintenance personnel safe include:
- TEGG predictive and preventative testing and maintenance.
- NFPA 70E Arc flash hazard assessment and safety training.
Aschinger is at its roots an engineering-driven electrical contractor. Aschinger uses this experience to help clients identify power issues that impact their operations – from safety concerns such as arc flash, to energy efficiency, surge suppression, power quality and asset life issues.
Aschinger’s investment in advanced tooling and commitment to energized and de-energized testing and maintenance training has made it a market leader. Its team of journeymen electricians includes both Level 1 and Level 2 certified infrared thermographers. Aschinger clients have recognized its team for the thoroughness with which their electrical equipment is inventoried and inspected while documenting system issues and prioritizing critical maintenance items.
In order to help clients better manage their electrical assets, Aschinger recently expanded its services to include a software solution. This cloud-based software digitally maps and manages a building’s electrical infrastructure, so that facility owners and managers can access their data anytime and anywhere, from their computer, tablet or smartphone.
Aschinger has a commitment to customer service, which is evident when Martin looks through the corporate books. “I keep my grandfather’s ledgers in my office, and it is fun to see that some of the same customers he worked for in the 1940’s still call us for service today.”
Aschinger has been recognized by the construction and business community for its innovation and commitment to client service, including the following honors:
- ASA Midwest Council Outstanding MEP Subcontractor 2016 & 2017
- Ameren Missouri ActOnEnergy Outstanding Electrical Contractor 2016
- Ameren Missouri ActOnEnergy Most Valuable Trade Ally 2013
- St. Louis Business Journal’s Most Influential Women in Business 2014
- Small Business Monthly Future 50 Award 2017
- Small Business Monthly Top Women Business Owners 2018
- TEGG Diamond Award Winner 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017
For more information, you can find Aschinger Electric at: